Bexley Dog Training Club
7:30pm Bronze Award class
This is the class for dogs who are a year old or more who haven't yet taken their Bronze Award. The majority of this class are often rescue dogs.
The dog does not need to have taken the Puppy Foundation in order to be able to enter the Bronze Award scheme. The Kennel Club have a detailed description of what the dog and handler will have learnt by the end of the course. The topics include:
- Cleanliness and Identification: poop bags, collars and id tags
- Collar and Lead: fitting and using
- Walk on Lead: without distractions, including turns and without pulling
- Control at Door/Gate
- Controlled walk amongst people and dogs
- Stay in one place without changing position: for one minute with the handler nearby
- Grooming: by the handler, without a struggle
- Examination: by the handler, of mouth, teeth, throat, eyes, ears, stomach, tail and feet
- Return to Handler
- Responsibility and Care: Topics include a dog's needs; illness; and responsibilities of ownership
The Bronze Award course lasts for six weeks and costs £18 on top of the annual club membership fee. You must have passed the Bronze Award before you can take the Silver Award.